Generally, BestCrypt driver mounts a container in read only mode in the following cases:
- When it was mounted as 'read only' (right-click the unmounted container --> ensure 'read only' check box on 'Mount options' tab is un-checked).
- If you ran BestCrypt as a trial version and the evaluation period is over. Ensure that your name is in the 'About BestCrypt' dialog box (Help menu of BC Control Panel).
- If you try to mount containers located on the root folder or a system subfolder in non-elevated mode. Try running BestCrypt Control Panel 'as administrator'.
- If you have no permission to access the container in read/write mode because of user permissions set for the host drive or folder for your user group. Please check/modify user permissions.
- If the same container has been already mounted from other computer.
- If there is an error in the file system structure inside a BestCrypt virtual drive, Windows may decide to deny write access to it. In this case, it is recommended to check the mounted BestCrypt drive for errors or create a new container and copy the contents.